Internship Healthcare SystemsAbout EFPIA:
The European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) represents the pharmaceutical industry operating in Europe. Through its direct membership of 36 national associations and 40 leading pharmaceutical companies, and in collaboration with health and research players, EFPIA’s mission is to create an environment that enables our members to discover, innovate, develop and deliver new therapies and vaccines for people across Europe, as well as contribute to the European economy.
We have a small but dynamic Healthcare System team working on policy and outreach relating to the organisation and financing of healthcare and the role of the pharmaceutical industry for sustainable healthcare systems. We are looking for extra support from a reliable and motivated intern with a demonstrated interest in public finances, economy and health, and a highly proficient level of English.
Role and responsibilities
The intern would be part of the Healthcare Systems team, but also support other teams when relevant. Responsibilities would include:
- Digest reports relating to European economy and health (including European Commission documents relating to the European Semester and OECD reports) and produce summaries, compilations or comments as appropriate;
- Collect and compile relevant statistics and data relating to European health, healthcare, economy and pharmaceutical industry;
- Doing desk research on economic and health policy topics;
- Conduct horizon scanning in relevant policy areas, including European healthcare reform;
- Assist in the execution of projects and meetings lead by other team members and staff (including organization of events and minute taking).
- EU Citizen;
- Masters Degree in economics, statistics or other relevant diploma;
- Academic merits in health economy would be highly valued;
- Professional fluency in English;
- Good knowledge of MS Office software package, including excel and Powerpoint;
- Good knowledge of European healthcare and life science sectors would be an asset;
- Basic knowledge of European institutions and decision-making would be an asset.
- Good project management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure and respect deadlines;
- Good drafting skills;
- Ability to assume different tasks, working independently or in a supporting role as required;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Service minded;
- Open and positive mindset and ability to easily establish contacts through networking.
Terms and conditions
You will be offered a professional integration agreement (immersion professional) for max 6 months. Must NOT have already completed a 12 Month ‘immersion professionnelle’ or have been in full time professional employment yet. Working hours are from 09:00 until 18:00. Monday to Friday with a one-hour break for lunch. The intern will be entitled to 6 days holiday plus national bank holidays.
To apply, please send a maximum two-page CV and a maximum one-page cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Healthcare Systems Intern” by March 6, 2019.
Given the size of our team and the time constraints, we will not be able to take into account applications that do not meet the essential requirements above and the page limits for the CV and cover letter. We are grateful for your understanding and your interest in EFPIA.