How can stronger IP in EU Free Trade Agreements boost productivity and economic growth in Europe? Virtual event
Following the presentation of a recent ECIPE report, the speakers will explore how stronger IPR provisions in EU Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) contribute to EU and EU Member State economic and societal ambitions.
How do IPRs in EU FTAs support EU strategic resilience and global competitiveness in a post-COVID world? What are the concrete benefits of robust IPRs for EU member states? How important is IP for innovation, in particular for the green and digital societal transformations? Why should IPRs be given a more prominent role in EU policy making, especially when it comes to EU FTAs? These are some of the questions that our guest speakers will address during the panel discussion.
- Fredrik Erixon, Director, ECIPE
- Christophe Kiener, Acting Director for Services & Digital Trade, Investment & Intellectual Property, DG Trade
- Nikos Lavranos, Secretary-General of the European Federation for Investment Law and Arbitration – EFILA
- Nathalie Moll, Director General, EFPIA
- Luisa Santos, Deputy Director General, BusinessEurope