EU Water Innovation Conference 2019 Zaragoza, Spain
The European Commission aims to raise awareness about the need and urgency to improve water management across the European Union towards a water-smart society. This high-level event will feed innovators minds with best practices and innovative approaches at technical, governance and policy levels.
To raise awareness about the need and urgency to improve water management across the European Union towards a water-smart society, take stock of key European Commission’s findings based on the 2019 Fitness Check of EU Water Law and of research and innovation results and outcomes, and promote exchange of best practices and innovative approaches at technical, governance and policy levels.
1. Aim – and what you can expect
Participants can expect to:
- Hear the direction the European Commission is taking in its water, climate change and research and innovation policies;
- Learn the lessons of experienced water innovators in Europe;
- Gain insight into the regulatory and financial framework, partnerships and how to successfully establish innovation;
- Network with potential collaboration partners;
- Get to know the funding and financial instruments available.
2. Participants and target audiences
The main target audiences of the EU Water Innovation Conference 2019 are high-level representatives of the public and corporate water sector in Europe and beyond. Attendees will include water managers, representatives of water authorities, launching customers (innovation demanders) from the private and public sector (cities, regions and EU Member States), water-using sectors and innovation providers. Furthermore, there will be participants from other sectors related to innovation development, uptake and financing.
The conference is free of charge, but registration is required.