Meeting the Diabetes Challenge Hybrid event
The European Diabetes Forum (EUDF) pleased to invite you to a policy roundtable to launch the EUDF's policy recommendations.
Diabetes is one of the greatest health challenges Europe faces today. Across Europe, 1 in 11 adults lives with diabetes, 61 million people total, with costs to individuals, health systems, and society.
That is why over the past year, the EUDF convened experts from across the diabetes landscape to devise fresh ideas and solutions in three key areas – digitalisation, data registries, and integrated care.
Strong and decisive policy action is needed to address the diabetes crisis. Fortunately, we have the tools and strategies to meet this challenge. Join them as we discuss how advances in digitalisation, registries, and integrated care will promote a more data-driven and person-centric approach to healthcare and diabetes management, and lead to improved outcomes and quality of life for people with diabetes.
The panel will feature:
- Artur Furtado, Deputy Head of Unit, DG SANTE, European Commission.
- Robert Heine, Vice President & Distinguished Lilly Scholar.
- MEP Sirpa Pietikäinen, Member of the European Parliament: Co-Chair, MEPs Mobilising for Diabetes (MMD).
- Angus Forbes, Professor of Diabetes Nursing, FEND Chair of Clinical Diabetes Nursing, King's College London.
- Peter Schwarz, Prof. Dr. med. habil. Department of Medicine III, Prevention and Care of Diabetes, University of Dresden.
- Casja Lindberg, Health advocate, consultant.
- Nino Berdzuli, WHO, Director of the Division of Country Health Programmes.
- Chantal Mathieu, Chair, EUDF; Professor of Medicine at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.