Strengthening European health systems Online
Healthcare systems across Europe are facing unprecedented challenges from an ageing population and a rising tide of chronic diseases that are driving ever increasing demand for services. Adding to current pressures are an energy crisis, inflation, and Russia’s war in Ukraine that is forcing policy makers to make choices between competing policy priorities. Yet the need for action has never been greater- to build resilience against future health threats and ensure citizens have access to the latest scientific, medicine and health technology innovations that are making their way from labs to clinics.
This Financial Times Digital Dialogue, held in partnership with European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA) will bring together policy makers and other stakeholders from across the healthcare and life sciences continuum to discuss how taking a holistic approach to healthcare spending and outcomes, and using the right policy to address the right issue can drive innovation while keeping health system sustainable and resilient for the longer term.
- Dr Deborah Dunsire, President & Chief Executive Officer, Lundbeck
- Dr Panos Kanavos, Associate Professor of International Health Policy, The London School of Economics and Political Science
- Agneta Karlsson, Director General, The Dental and Pharmaceutical Benefits Agency (TLV)
- Dr Peter Liese MEP, Group of the European People's Party, Coordinator Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety
- Moderated by Sarah Neville, Global Health Editor, Financial Times
Be sure to join the discussion and register here!