Industry and research associations call for maintaining EU Institutional Public Private Partnerships in Research and Innovation under Framework Programme 9
Five industry and research associations involved in institutional public private partnerships (IPPP), known as Joint Undertakings under Horizon 2020, recommend strongly maintaining the public-private partnerships instrument in the next EU Research and Innovation Framework Programme (FP9).
In a joint declaration published on 25 October, co-signed by EFPIA, the five signatories* highlight the major added value that these partnerships are creating for society, jobs, European market growth and competitiveness.
* The five signatories are:
- AeroSpace and Defence Industries Association of Europe (ASD),
- Bio-based Industries Consortium (BIC)
- European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations (EFPIA)
- Association of the European Rail Industry (UNIFE)